Skip to main content

A Hero's Journey

"If deep down inside, you aren't sure if you have what it takes to become successful, and even deeper down inside you feel like you'll lose yourself if you become successful, then listen to this." -A Hero's Journey

I have faced this struggle many times during my life, especially in the past few weeks. I'm honestly scared of messing up, of not becoming successful, of making a mistake too big to fix. We all have those fears. We're human. It's a part of life. It's something we have to learn to deal with: our natural human fears. All the most successful people in life have faced failure and a lot of it. That's one of the main differences between people who are successful and people who are not. People who are not successful stop when they fail, but successful people pick themselves back up and keep going.

Other things that I learned from "A Hero's Journey":

  • You need to have FAITH
  • Struggles= adventures
  • Setbacks= lessons


Most people over the age of 60 ask themselves these questions:
1. Have I contributed something meaningful?
2. Am I a good person?
3. Who did I love? Who loved me?

I want to be happy when I ask myself these questions at the end of my life. I don't want to have regrets. One of the ways that was suggested in the video was to write yourself a letter. Write a letter to stop yourself from doing anything stupid. In that letter, write down a list of "I will never"s. Every time you're about to do something that you're not sure about, pull out the letter and read it. It could save your life one day.

Comments