Skip to main content

Focus on the GOOD

This week, I interviewed an entrepreneur that happened to be an old friend of mine. We met before I served my mission and since then, he has sold everything he owns, transferred to BYU-Hawaii, and opened up a food truck. As I was talking with him, I realized a few things that I knew, but hadn't remembered.

1. You have to be ALL IN. Fully focus on your business or else it will suffer
2. Sacrifice is required to have a successful business. He sold everything he had to have enough money to be able to move to Hawaii and open up his food truck, but it was worth it for the experience.
3. Income is not steady. It probably never will be either. It will start off very low and then maybe get really high and then it'll be a journey from there. You have to learn how to invest wisely and always have an emergency fund.

I knew when I started down this path of becoming an entrepreneur that it was going to be an adventure, but boy did I not realize how crazy it was going to get. I've kind of been getting a little nervous about next year. I graduate in December, and after that, I'll kind of be on my own... I have to figure out where to live, what to do with work, how to start a business, etc. It makes me want to slow down time as much as possible and savor the college life.There are so many good things in life that I take advantage of and I don't want to do that anymore. I've started writing them down and I'll add some at the end of every journal entry now.

good things:
drinking hot chocolate after being out in the snow all day
talking to my mom when I'm having a bad day
holding a brand new baby that you know just came from the presence of God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Greatest Leaders Are the Greatest Followers

"If  I  were  to  ask  you,  “Who  is  the  greatest  leader  who  ever  lived?”—what  would  you  say?  The  answer,  of  course,  is  Jesus  Christ.  He  sets  the  perfect  example  of  every  imaginable  leadership  quality. But  what  if  I  were  to  ask  you,  “Who  is  the  greatest  follower  who  ever  lived?”—wouldn’t  the  answer  again  be  Jesus  Christ?  He  is  the  greatest  leader  because  He  is  the  greatest  follower—He  follows  His  Father  perfectly,  in  all  things." -Stephen W. Owen This week, we read quite a few stories and watched a few videos, and it got me thinking a lot about leadership. Hence...

If there is anything virtuous....

This week flew by so fast that I cannot even remember what happened Monday. It feels like Monday happened seven years ago. I learned a lot about who I am and a lot of spiritual stuff because today and tomorrow is General Conference for our church. So, I've been focusing a lot on the Savior, the Gospel, and the Temple. I recognized that in the readings and videos, there was a lot more focus on being a good person and being trustworthy. I read about some people that lied and I also read about some people that focused all their resources on helping others and giving back. Needless to say, I have done some reflecting this week and I have made myself some new goals that I want to apply next semester. 1. Put God first always. He will provide. And go to the temple weekly. 2. Talk one on one with family members and friends more often. 3. Put more time and effort into my school work I have some more, but those are the top ones that I want to focus on. I feel like I have done decently ...