Skip to main content

Day One of the Rest of My Life

I guess I’ll start off by introducing myself. My name is Rachel Meager. I am twenty years old. Right now, I am living in the tiny town of Rexburg, Idaho trying to survive brutal winters, harsh college classes, and the occasional homesickness. It’s actually been quite the adventure these past six days. I have been brainstorming ideas for a future business, asking friends what my interests are, and avoiding crying in front of everyone. Finally today, I broke down. My roommate, Melissa sat me down and confirmed a question to a prayer I forgot I had. Now, I’m really excited to get started and see what happens with my life.


Lessons learned:
  • God is ALWAYS listening and He often answers prayers through other people.
  • Roommates can be your best friends, if you allow them. This means, however, that you have to open up and let them in.
  • Agency. We have it and we need to learn how to effectively use it. God loves us and He wants us to be happy, but we have to ask. “Therefore, ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for he that asketh, receiveth; and unto him that knocketh, it shall be opened.” (3 Nephi 27:29)


Lessons I (still) have not learned:
  • Humility. I am still working on this big time. I often think that I can solve problems by myself without the help of loved ones or my God. That is not true.
  • I have yet to learn a million lessons that I know I will learn in the process of creating a business. I am super stoked to learn, fail, and grow over the next eighty years of my life.


Love,
Rachel


Comments