Skip to main content

How Will You Measure Your Life?

This week was a huge learning experience for me. I don't know if you have read A Ministry of Business, but if you haven't and you plan on being a successful human being, I suggest you read it. I'm not saying that you won't be successful if you don't read the book. I'm just saying that if you read the book, you might have more success in your life.

Okay, besides that, I wanted to touch on a few life questions that our professor asked us to ponder this week. They are as follows:

1. Will I be happy in my career?
2. What about my relationships?
3. How do I stay out of jail?

Before this week, I can honestly say that I have never asked myself the third question. It has never crossed my mind. But, this class has been teaching me and pushing me to do things I've never done before, which I love. I pondered these a lot throughout the week and I think I will continue for awhile. 

One of my favorite quotes is by C.S. Lewis and it goes,

"Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching."

Another one is by Ralph Marston,

"Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will not come to you. It can only come from you."

BAM. If that doesn't make you think about what you're doing with your life, then I don't know what will. How are you going to be happy in your career? By CHOOSING something you love and DOING it. How will you be happy in your relationships? BY choosing your love and loving your choice (Gordon B. Hinckley). How do you stay out of jail? By doing the right thing. Always. No matter what. It will literally save your life. Think about it. Sleep on it. Choose it.

Love,
Rachel

Comments