Skip to main content

Why Integrity?

I learned quite a lot this week about how I handle stress and tough situations. School got really rough, I planned a road trip to Utah at an inopportune time, and personal struggles weighed on me. I needed saving and my personal study of the scriptures, as well as, the readings/ videos for this class saved my life.

There was one article in particular that really stood out to me this week. It talked about integrity, which before reading this, I thought I knew what integrity was, but I've realized that I've only begun to understand this word. Sheri Dew suggests seven things that we could do to become men and women of integrity. They are as follows:

1. Decide today, once and for all, that you will be worthy of trust
2. Have faith that the Lord can and will help you, and then diligently seek His help.
3. Make covenants and keep them.
4. Stand up for what you believe.
5. Expect your integrity to be challenged.
6. Don’t give up.
7. Covenant–or perhaps I should say, renew your covenant–with our Father and His Son to do what you came here to do.

These points really hit me hard and helped me realize that I am nowhere close to where I need to be and I've been on a plateau recently in my school/ work. Since reading this article, as well as other readings this week, I have re-evaluated my life, goals, plans, ambitions, and my motives. I am back on the right path and I'm here for the right reasons. I know who I am and what I want.

Lessons Learned:
  • Grandpas are wise and should almost always be listened to
  • God has a perfect plan and we need to remember that on our hard days, and easy days
  • Plans change and that's okay
  • Sometimes you need to take a step back and look at your life from a different perspective
  • Make sure that you have good motives
Love,
Rachel

Comments