Skip to main content

Day 10 ish

This week was quite something. I feel like a drowned in homework and quizzes, without learning anything meaningful. But as I'm sitting here writing this, I realized that I learned a little this week about who I am. I dug deeper into myself, and saw who I was from the outside perspective. I noticed myself commenting or not commenting to certain conversations. I saw myself yearning to be somewhere else, somewhere else besides my junior year of college. I didn't know if I was ready for the journey ahead or the possible challenges that would come along with it. Then a talk I had read recently came to my mind. It's called Obtaining Help From the Lord by Richard G. Scott. There's a part towards the end that really hits me every time. It reads, "We see such a limited part of the eternal plan He has fashioned for each one of us. Trust Him, even when in eternal perspective it temporarily hurts very much. Have patience when you are asked to wait when you want immediate action...The path you are to walk through life may be very different from others. You may not always know why He does what He does, but you can know that He is perfectly just and perfectly merciful." That is the definition of trust and faith in God. And that is exactly what I want, and what I'm striving for right now.

After studying about Randy Pausch, I feel that he was able to achieve so many of his childhood dreams because he was a dreamer, but he was also a realist and he made things happen. He asked questions, he made plans, and he worked hard. That's how it should also be done. Dreaming is very important. In fact, it is vital to our existence. However, a dream without a plan will go nowhere. So, it's very important that we dream and then act on those impressions and desires. One of my childhood dreams was to plan weddings. I've never truly lost that desire and the older I get, the more I realize how attainable that goal is. Now, I am working towards starting a business and achieving that special childhood dream of mine.

Love,
Rachel

Comments