Skip to main content

Attitude on Money

This week, we focused a lot on our priorities in life, such as God, Family, Education, Relationships, Money, etc. We read a couple mini cases that helped open our minds to the possible situations we could face in the future as business people and parents. It was really interesting to read the stories and try to put myself in their shoes. I was actually kind of thrown off at first because I read the story and immediately had no idea what I would do. I talked with my roommate and she asked me a question to get my mind focused and thinking: "Would you choose work or family?". Immediately, I knew that I would choose family, I had no doubts. However, in the moment I was flustered. I'm glad that I was presented with that question, because now I have written down my priorities and I know where I stand and what I want.

We also read another article this week called, "Attitude on Money". First of all, my attitude towards money is this: I know that money is important in this life and giving gifts is one of my top love languages to other people, so I use it often and I think it's an incredible gift to be able to serve others. Having more money makes it easier to serve others in greater ways and with bigger contributions. I look at money in a positive way. It affects the way I live because, it's not the number one thing that I want in life. It's a bonus that I'll receive from doing what I love to do. Sometimes people get so caught up in wanting to be "rich" that they don't recognize all the blessings around them. It's like a hole that can never be filled; they can never get enough. I want to always keep my focus on good and not get caught in the rat race per say.

Rules Recommended for Prospering:
1. Seek the Lord and have hope in Him
2. Keep the commandments, especially tithing and fast offerings
3. Think about money and plan how you can become self-reliant
4.Take advantage of changes for learning so you will not be ignorant of these matters
5.Learn the laws upon which the blessings of wealth are predicated
6. Do not send away the naked, the hungry, the thirsty or the sick or those who are held captive

Comments